🎶 It’s beginning to look a lot like finals – stress in every soul
But the happiest sight to see
Is the end of finals week
When we’ve reached our goal! 🎶
It is that time of the year – getting ready to finish out this semester with big plans in place to enjoy a break before starting again new. The catch…there is simply so much to do between now and sanity – um, we mean winter break.
Isn’t this busyness true at all stages of life when it comes to the holidays? Whatever your religion or holiday participation, December is about closing one chapter and January is about starting a brand new one.
With that in mind, we need to check off the many items on our list and hope for even greater things in the New Year. It seems a little scrazy to talk about the New Year already when there is so much left to do in this one. (We just can’t decide between “scary” and “crazy” so our stress has caused us to create a new word…which can be a positive thing about stress — it can raise our productivity level! Anyway… back to the main focus of the blog as stress has clearly caused us to ramble)!
Below are a few words of wisdom to remember during finals week…
- Take a deep breath.
- Make a list and check it twice. It is easy to get distracted – especially when there is yummy holiday baking and shopping, and decorating, and so much cleaning to be done and … wait a second… let’s get back on track here…
- Take much needed brain breaks – just don’t forget to get back to work and finish the task at hand.
- Enjoy the journey and not just the destination or we end up wishing our life away.
- Are you still breathing? Yoga or a quick walk will do too.
- Look at the big picture – this too shall pass. In the moment, everything can seem like the big picture, but it is just a small piece of the puzzle.
Enjoy the ride – sleigh or otherwise. Best wishes on your finals, teacher candidates, and a huge congrats on when they are completed! We knew all along you could do it! 💪🎉👏